Costco charcuterie meats have been linked to a salmonella outbreak that has sickened dozens

According to the CDC, charcuterie meats sold at Costco and Sam's Club have been linked to salmonella outbreaks across the United States.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been investigating outbreaks in 22 states since January 5. In its Thursday update, 23 new diseases were added to the tally, A total of 47 cases Since the trial began.

Ten people have been hospitalized since the outbreak, according to the CDC.

The CDC warns consumers not to eat certain charcuterie products sold at Costco and Sam's Club.

The Busseto brand “Charcuterie Sampler” containing prosciutto, sweet soppressata and dry coppa sold at Sam's Club should be avoided, regardless of lot code, the CDC said. The meats come in a twin pack of two 9-ounce packages.

And the Fratelli Beretta brand “Antipasto Gran Beretta” sold at Costco should be avoided, according to the CDC. A double pack of two 12-ounce packages contains dry salami coated with black pepper, Italian dry salami, dry coppa and prosciutto. Any lot of these packages may have contaminated code.

Consumers who purchase these products should throw them away without eating them, the CDC said. The company also said businesses should avoid offering and selling products. If these materials touch any surfaces or containers, wash them in hot soapy water or put them in the dishwasher.

Investigators are looking into whether any other products may have been contaminated, the CDC said.

The CDC said in a news release that the updated information came from interviews with people who became ill after eating the meats. Four of the interviewees purchased Fratelli Beretta brand products before becoming ill. Three purchased the Busseto brand sample, and two said they purchased charcuterie meats from Sam's Club but could not remember the brand name.

See also  TNT's Charles Barkley blasts officials on James Harden, Joel Embiid mistakes in Sixers win

Symptoms of salmonella usually appear anywhere from six hours to six days after ingesting the bacteria. Symptoms include diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *